May 29, 2016 | Trinh Danh
The future of workspaces in the Philippines is a subsidized and virtualized one. Dependable companies like Servcorp allow the typical Philippine small-to-medium business (SMB) to choose the location they want to serve as their base of operation in the archipelago, and the service provider will take care of everything else.
SMBs, in particular, will benefit greatly from the current paradigm shift in workspaces and how work is presently handled. After all, these businesses are all about maximizing productivity, ensuring cost-effectiveness from what little capital they have, and efficiently using every available resource.
A Look into the Evolution of the Philippine Workplace
Before virtual and serviced offices came about, the greatest cost-effective change when it comes to workspaces was the invention of the cubicle. While cubicles indeed have cut costs and kept workers from maximizing space constraints, it was an impersonal solution to the space problem.
Technology has marched on and brought about a more convenient, cost-effective change that doesn't take a toll on employees in the form of package deals and virtualized office solutions. Teams of freelancer receptionists who handle all your calls, full access to executive suites and meeting rooms only when you need it, and various other services required to do business in a professional manner.
What the Future of Philippine Workspaces Currently Hold
As far as the Philippines is concerned, SMBs can now compete with more established big businesses while suffering from fewer risks, reduced debt, and lesser amounts of capital. Indeed, a business can now enjoy the following services thanks to present technological advances.
- Virtual Office: Virtual or online technology has not only allowed for more flexible schedules and pay-per-project work from dependable freelancers. It also allows for better utilization and its full application even involves services involving improved professional live communications.
- Phone Answering Service: Companies like Servcorp also included in their repertoire a phone answering service backed by an entire call center that makes use of VoIP (voice-over-IP) telephony or regular phone lines. This allows SMBs to bridge the gap between them and their multitude of clients.
- Professional Address: Many Philippine startups and SMBs have to pay a hefty amount just to rent a small office space in one of many buildings in central business districts like Makati, Ortigas, Quezon City, and Manila. A workspace provided that allow such companies to use prestigious places as their business address to alleviate privacy and personal security concerns in running a home-based company.
- Mailing Address: Your professional address can also be your mailing address although usually it is a separate mail-only address that allows daily access to locked and assigned mailboxes. This particular address serves as a centralized location for the safe and secure transfer of mail and other paper documents to your doorstep 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Serviced Office: If you are in need of office space, but you lack the capital to rent it out, then supply it with your furniture and appliances, you can opt to get fully furnished serviced offices. You can pay per use rather than shoulder everything and end up in massive debt that could cut into your profits.
Just as the personal computer replaced the typewriter and made paperwork production more efficient, cloud computing and the Internet has also replaced many of the traditional workspace requirements. The future of the workplace lies in the virtual realm, and the paperless office has now become a reality.
Servcorp supports the future of Philippine workplaces. Indeed, your Philippine startup business can also avail of Servcorp's virtual office and serviced office offerings to reduce your overhead expenses significantly. Call +63 2 755 6500 today for a tour of our offices.